So like a whole bunch of other people this past weekend I went to the movies to see “The Best Man Holiday.” I have been excited about the sequel since I first heard it was going to be made a little more than a year ago. It was good to see that after fifteen years all of the characters looked just as good as they did when “The Best Man” was released.
The opening weekend was a success. The film grossed more than $30 million, a triumph for a budget of just $17 million.
If you haven’t seen “The Best Man Holiday,” and you want to, don’t read any further because I am about to ruin it for you with listing my favorite 8 moments in the film. Here they go…
8. Shelby starring on the show “Housewives of Westchester County.” – I totally loved this.
7. Mia calling Shelby “Sands.” – Right away I wondered, which sorority are they talking about, but later in the movie, I figured it out.
6. Lance throwing up his dog ears as a symbol of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity.
5. The introduction of Jordan’s gorgeous boyfriend stopping by to see her at work.
4. Lance having to “check” Robyn to find out how many centimeters she dilated. – HA! That was almost like karma for Harper.
3. The fellas singing and dancing to Can You Stand the Rain by New Edition. – They were cool.
2. The girls signing “O Holy Night” with Mia emotionally chiming in was heart-felt and moving. – Now I have to make sure I have this song in my collection to play repeatedly during the Christmas season.
1. Shelby placing African Violets on Mia’s coffin. – That’s when I figured out the characters were members of my sorority – Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. So proud
I enjoyed this movie so much I might see it again but I do know I am going to buy a copy when it comes out on DVD. I had a copy of “The Best Man” on VHS but someone stole it from my collection. Ain’t that something.