Finding Love At Any Age!

Thursday, January 10th, 2013

I am so grateful to Essence magazine. This publication has been super supportive of my wedding and I can’t find words to express how I feel. I wanted to tell my relationship story because I knew it would benefit someone. So I put my skills as a publicist to use and crafted my real-life experiences regarding my wedding for all to read and submitted it to Essence magazine.

They loved my story, pictures and location. The hubs and I received recognition on three separate occasions. The first highlight was on Essence.com’s Bridal Bliss. The editor told me that our story was the most popular of 2012! On their Facebook page we received more than 10,000 likes, over 700 comments and 600 plus shares in addition to 140 comments on Essence.com. The second honor came with two Bridal Bliss awards. One for MOST BEAUTIFUL BACKDROP and the other for MOST TOUCHING UNION.

Now I am proud to announce that our story was once again spotlighted in Essence. But this time we are in the magazine! If you purchase the February issue you will find us featured in one of the cover stories titled, “You Can Find Love At Any Age” starting on page 80. We are on page 85! And guess what?! Permed to Natural made the article as well. So how cool is that?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

18 Responses to “Finding Love At Any Age!”

1. Novella L. says:
    January 10th, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I can’t wait to see it one of my other friends is going to be in the same issue with her husband in the Street Style section.

Congratulations to you and Joseph you are both celebrities.

2. Permed to Natural says:
    January 10th, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Thank you so much! Overall our wedding has been like a fantasy!

3. Cassandra Bromfield says:
    January 10th, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Congratulations, this is a wonderful start to the New Year and your marriage. The article will be the spring board for more great things to come.

4. Permed to Natural says:
    January 10th, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Thank you so much!!!

5. Laquita says:
    January 10th, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Happy New Year!

Yay! Congrats again :o ) I can’t wait to get my copy.

6. Permed to Natural says:
    January 10th, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Thank you, girl! It’s nice hearing from you.

7. Novella L. says:
    January 11th, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I received my copy of Essence in the mail today Oh, so beautiful, I’m just so tickled you both look lovely in the magazine.

8. Permed to Natural says:
    January 11th, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Your words are beautiful, as always. Thank you. I’m tickled too. This has been an amazing experience.

9. Shannon M. says:
    January 11th, 2013 at 9:56 PM

This is so fabulous. I am picking up this copy of Essence and telling EVERYBODY “I know her!!”

10. Permed to Natural says:
    January 11th, 2013 at 10:41 PM

You go right ahead, girl!!

11. JoAnn says:
    January 12th, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Hi Staci: I just finished reading your article in Essence and wanted to say congratulations on your marriage. I to was wed (for the second time) at the age of 50, on 11/11/11. I never thought that would happen. I also began transistioning around May, 2012. I’m still trying products and styles to find what really works for me. Right now I am wearing a twist out. I am looking forward to reading over your blog. Congratulations again.

12. Permed to Natural says:
    January 12th, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Hi Joann – Thank you for your kind words. You married on a good day. Congratulations! I wear a twist-out too. Especially now that it’s cold outside. It keeps the moisture in. I hope you enjoy my blog. Feel free to come back anytime.

13. Tonie Jones says:
    January 13th, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I came across the story on your wedding in the new Essence. I immediately pulled up your blog and read every entry. Not only do you inspire me to find love( I am 42, divorced for 10 yrs,single mother of 3)..but you have inspired me to continue my quest into vegetarianism and some other goals I am working on. So much of what I am reaching to achieve you have already accomplished. You are awesome !!

14. Permed to Natural says:
    January 13th, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Tonie I will have to thank you a million times for your kind comment. You have inspired me to continue to do what I am doing. Many blessings to you, forever!

15. ChicagoCurly says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I wanted to take a moment to say congratulations on the Essence article. I curled up this morning to read the mag and realized “I know her/them”. lol lol Once I hit the mention of Permed to Natural I had the biggest “in the know” smile on my face. In the know because I’ve been reading your blog for the past 9 months. Again congratulations and continued blessings.

16. Permed to Natural says:
    January 21st, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Thank you very very much for your kind words. I am glad you took the time to reach out to me after discovering my appearance in Essence, and for reading my blog during your spare time! That means a lot! Now I have the biggest smile on my face.

17. valerie says:
    March 4th, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Much love & congratulations on your wedding! I ran across the Essence article and read about love at any age. It inspired me since I’m approaching 51 and have never been married. I’m still believing GOD will bless me as he has done for you. As you stated in the article, you may have to look at relationships in a different way the older you get in order to get the love you want. It’s funny, I’ve been to your blog before but did not realize who you were until I read the Essence article! Again, much love and thanks for all the helpful tips. I’m 1 year + with no relaxer and will probably bc within the next 6 months. Be blessed!

18. Permed to Natural says:
    March 4th, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Thank you very much for your kind words, and please, if people say negative stuff to you or give you weird looks because you still want to be married, ignore them, no matter who they are. Keep your options open, keep moving, and know GOD will bless you with a husband when the time is right. I appreciate you coming to my blog and I’m happy the tips were helpful. Not having a relaxer is just so wonderful. I feel healthier knowing I am no longer addicted to the “creamy crack.” :)