Permed to Natural is Getting Married

Monday, February 27th, 2012

I am part of a growing trend in the United States. I will be a first time bride over 40. I am so proud of that. However, over the years, I was often told that I wasn’t going to get married because studies revealed that women in their 40s had a better chance at getting struck by lightning then get married for the first time. Whatever. I never paid attention to that stuff or people who said it.

One reason (actually there are many) I admire being a first time bride over 40 is that I have explored and experienced a lot. I am able to proudly check off many items on my bucket list, and because of that, I believe I am a better person and will therefore be a better wife.

But before someone says something, I am not going to talk about being married because I am not, and that would be just silly. I am going to say that since first time “older” brides are increasing, I feel really good that I am a member of this glorious “Sisterhood.”

Hey, by the way, I am looking for a broom to jump on my big day. Can someone tell me where I might be able to buy one designed for weddings?

At the Kool and the Gang Concert

Celebrating Luminaria

Skiing at Taos Ski Valley

Taos Plaza in Taos, New Mexico.

Valentine's Day

Getting our skin ready for the big day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

6 Responses to “Permed to Natural is Getting Married”

1. Kysha Harvey says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 9:07 PM

congrats, i wish you the best of luck! For the broom try Hobby Lobby or Orientaltrading.com

2. Laquita says:
    February 28th, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Hey :o ) I just had to pop in and congratulate you. Although I don’t always get a chance to comment I really appreciate your posts as well :o ) Before I get back to work – I’m going to add my suggestion of checking out Etsy.com (I did a search for ‘wedding broom’) they have lots for about $35 and up :o )

Here is one of the pages from the listing…

Congrats again!

3. Cassandra Bromfield says:
    February 28th, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Congrats, you can also try: http://www.chocolatebroomsandbouquets.com/id31.html
    She will create a broom in your colors. Also check out my post about “Marraige Brooms”: http://cassandrabromfieldbridalblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/marraige-brooms.html
    Wishing you the best!

4. Shawna says:
    February 29th, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Congrats, Congrats!!

5. Novella L. says:
    March 16th, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Congratulations to you! When my husband and I got married we did jump the broom. By the way
    I bought the broom and decortated it with some silk ribbon and silk flowers.:)

That was cutest picture and my fondest memory
    of our wedding day.

6. Permed to Natural says:
    March 19th, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Thank you all for your kind wishes!!! And, info on where I can get a broom. :)