One day, to enhance my personal makeup collection, I went to Whole Foods to purchase a few items from my favorite vegan line. As I swatched my selected brand on the back of my hand I noticed a sales representative from Dr. Hauschka Cosmetics. I am familiar with the brand but always felt that the company did not make products suitable for my brown skin. So, because of that, it had been years since I paid any attention to the line. But given that I was standing right next to a rep I had to share my experience. The conversation went something like this…
PTN: So, you are a sales rep for Dr. Hauschka?
DH: Yes I am.
PTN: You know your company doesn’t produce makeup I can wear.
DH: We do have colors you can wear.
PTN: I don’t think so. Especially in a foundation.
DH: My colleague is African American and she wears this brand.
PTN: What’s her complexion?
DH: Like yours’. Actually she’s from Haiti. As a foundation or tinted moisturizer you can use our Translucent Make-up 04. That’s their darkest color.
PTN: Let me try some on my hand. It didn’t look right. This doesn’t match.
DH: That’s your hand. Your color is different on your face.
PTN: Mmmm. I don’t know. Maybe I need to come in wearing no makeup and give it a try.
DH: I can give you some of our makeup to try. See if you like it. I’ll put together a nice package for you and we can meet back here so I can give it to you.
PTN: Really?! Sure I would love that. I’m no fool. I am not going to pass up free organic makeup no matter what. Okay let’s meet soon.
About Dr. Hauschka Cosmetics
Based in Germany - Dr. Hauschka manufactures a complete line of natural organic makeup that is BDIH certified. The products are frequent award winners and have received Best Natural Make-Up Range at the Natural Beauty Awards in 2006 and Elle’s Green Star for Best Mascara in 2008. In addition, Bio-Fach alone (the world’s largest natural products trade show, whose awards are considered the most prestigious in the natural industry) has spotlighted Dr. Hauschka’s cosmetics on more than one occasion. www.drhauschka.com
Below are the gifted products and their results on me.
- Volume Mascara in Perl Anthracite This color looks black. However, there is a color Black mascara available.
- Powder Duo in Cool Breeze
- Make-up Palette in Cool Breeze - Eyeshadows: Apricot, Brown, Aqua. Kajal Eyeliner: Aqua. Lip Colors:Rosé and Red. I was gifted this palette because of the blue shadow and eyeliner. I was looking for blues in another brand so Kimberlee, the sales rep (kimberleeB13@msn.com), wanted me to try their blues and I love them.
- Rouge Powder 02
- Kajal Eyeliner 02 in Elegante
- Featuring eyeshadow in Smoky Violet.
- Stone Colours Collection Lip Colour in Brown 04.
- Rosemary Lotion for the Legs and Arms.
I have a bit of a red eye.
In the photos I am wearing:
- Translucent Make-Up 04
- Eye shadows in Smoky Violet, Brown and Apricot.
- Eyeliner: Aqua and the shadow under the waterline is also Aqua
- Checks are contoured with the Cool Breeze powder duo. Blush: Rouge Powder 02
- Lips: Brown 04
- Volume Mascara in Pearl Anthracite
On me, the makeup is not very pigmented, and therefore offers a more natural look. If you are around my complexion, and like the look of a hint of makeup, then this brand can be for you.
What do you think?