Homemade Hair Grease

Sunday, January 31st, 2010
After viewing the homemade hair cream video, I was inspired to make a new batch of my own hair grease using new oils and a different way to process everything. I used to melt the shea butter, add essentials oils to the liquid and freeze the product until it got hard.
This time I added new oils such as Avocado, Vitamin E, Olive, Grapeseed and Coconut. My hair grease ingredients are a little different from the video. When you make your own hair grease you can add your own oils if you like. Let me know what you do and how it turns out.
This is what I did.
  • White Raw Shea Butter – 2 Cups – (you can use yellow or white shea butter. It makes no difference)
  • Jojoba Oil – 2 Tablespoons
  • Thyme Essential Oil – 15 drops
  • Peppermint Essential Oil – 26 drops
  • Lavender Essential Oil – 15 drops
  • Frankincense Oil – 5 small caps full
  • 1 electric mixer
  • 1 glass jar

After including all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl, whip the mixture for 15 minutes with a hand mixer on a low-speed. I used speed 1.

Then I added Frankincense for fragrance.

I whipped the mixture for 5 additional minutes on speed 2.

I let it rest for 10 minutes or so and whipped everything again for up to 1 minute. I placed the product in a glass jar and I was done.

That’s it!

I put it in the freezer over night but it wasn’t necessary.

I made a new batch that I like a lot better. Click HERE for the results!

The ingredients

Creamy and Fluffy

Ready to use!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

26 Responses to “Homemade Hair Grease”

1. Laquita says:
    May 25th, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Wow – you packed it with tons of great ingredients. I’ll have to try this recipe.

2. Permed to Natural says:
    May 25th, 2010 at 5:36 pm

I love it!

3. Jesus Ross says:
    June 13th, 2010 at 7:51 am

Jojoba oil is really great for acne because it helps balance facial oil.-**

4. Naomi says:
    June 16th, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Like this recipe!

5. Tilly Holmes says:
    June 20th, 2010 at 5:15 am

Shea Butter can really promote great health.’”`

6. Mason Adams says:
    July 24th, 2010 at 3:13 am

Jojoba oil is also great for acne sufferers because it can penetrate oily pores.;”"

7. Ella Walker says:
    July 29th, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Shea Butter is also good on your skin. We use it a lot for treating dry sin or scars.,;*

8. Ned Feeler says:
    August 16th, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Your post is very good, most of the time when I visit blogs they are complete crap and the articles are written purely for search engine traffic.

9. Gravura says:
    August 23rd, 2010 at 8:22 am

Thank you for the work you have put into your nice blog. We will bookmark to your blog because it is very informational. We love the site and will come back to see your new posts.

10. Tiffany says:
    August 29th, 2010 at 9:46 pm

thanks i really enjoy reading you’re article !!

11. Permed to Natural says:
    October 5th, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Glad you like it. It has been helpful for my hair as well.

12. Stephie D says:
    October 27th, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Okay, so again based on my comment above, I made this grease a month ago and I LOVE IT..it works well on my hair…never greasy or weighed down, it smells really good too. I really like it has been come my product to use. I recommend to all.

13. Permed to Natural says:
    October 28th, 2010 at 6:16 am

Stephie – This hair cream has been assisting me in my hair growth as well as my Mother’s. I am glad it is working for you too.

14. Regina Price says:
    December 28th, 2010 at 2:20 pm

I’m balding at thr crown of my head, I need some help. Will this grease bring my hair back.. I your grease for sale.

15. Permed to Natural says:
    December 29th, 2010 at 5:23 pm

I recommend visiting a professional who specializes in hair loss.

16. vickie says:
    March 8th, 2011 at 11:30 am

My hair needs moisture as well as oil. Can you recommend something that will add moisture to this great recipe?

17. Permed to Natural says:
    March 9th, 2011 at 1:40 am

You can add more oil or additional oil(s) of your choice.

18. sydney white says:
    August 23rd, 2011 at 10:11 pm

im interested in trying this recipe, could it be used for hair growth ? and do you think its best to purchase the shea butter online ?

19. Permed to Natural says:
    August 24th, 2011 at 8:25 am

The ingredients are good for hair growth. I have never purchased Shea Butter online. I know people who have and everything turned out okay.

20. Katrina says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 11:08 am

This is a lovely recipie my only question is….Is this a hair grease where you apply to the roots of the hair (or scalp)or is this a hair cream where you apply all over the hair like a moisturiser how do you use it

21. Permed to Natural says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 11:31 am

I have used it on my scalp, hair and ends.

22. From Loced to Loose: A New Hair Journey - CurlyNikki Forums says:
    December 3rd, 2011 at 12:59 am

[...] Monday I DC'd with coconut milk. If anyone is interested here's the recipe for the shea butter mix Homemade Hair Grease | Permed to Natural I used Shea butter that already had frankincense and mhyrr in it since those are rather expensive [...]

23. Shea Butter Mixture - CurlyNikki Forums says:
    December 10th, 2011 at 8:10 pm

[...] a recipe I used give or take some of the EOs. Homemade Hair Grease | Permed to Natural [...]

24. What's in your homemade whipped shea butter? - Page 3 - CurlyNikki Forums says:
    December 26th, 2011 at 11:55 am

[...] "grease" it doesn't have that consistency at all. It comes out to be pretty creamy. Homemade Hair Grease | Permed to Natural __________________ From Loced to Loose: A New Hair Journey [...]

25. Maria Trowell says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 3:49 pm

The essential oils are ok for newborns? I’m making a natural grease for my son but wasn’t sure if I wanted to add scented oils

26. Permed to Natural says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 5:15 am

I found essential oils to be very strong. My hair can only take one or two drops from up to three different oils. When I used to apply many drops of various oils to my homemade stuff my hair experienced dryness and it broke off. So for a newborn I would pass on the essential oils. If you want to use it add one drop from one bottle and that is it!!

Here is an updated batch of Homemade Hair Cream – http://permedtonatural.com/2012/11/updated-hair-cream-batch/