I was so happy to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority’s Albuquerque Alumnae Chapter. It was a huge event that included four of my Sorors who founded the chapter in 1967.
Everything about this celebration was awesome.
I waited for the winter Vegan Cuts Make-Up Box to arrive with great anticipation. I sort of held off on buying make up because I didn’t want to purchase something that might be in the new collection.
I thought about this make up box a lot before I received it. I planned to write a post ASAP upon its arrival but it arrived too close to Christmas and I just got too busy.
However, as usual, Vegan Cuts Make-Up Box did not disappoint. I adore the items in the winter wonderland collection and below is a briefing on each item.
Juice Beauty phyto-pigments cream shadow stick. Y’all know I love Juice Beauty. This cream shadow can be used as a stand alone shadow or eyeliner. $22
Ofra Cosmetics Rainbow Lips Ritz Gloss. The product is an entire wheel of five lips colors that contains six beautiful shades to suit all skin tones. $24
Thrive Causemetics Triple Color Stick in Olivia. You can apply this intense color directly to your cheeks and lips. I used it on my cheeks. For my skin tone it works best as a highlighter. The stick is infused with age-defying vitamin C and evening primrose oil to brighten and hydrate skin. Comes with a built in brush. $36
PHB Ethical Beauty Organic Eyeliner. I never experienced an eyeliner that went on smooth, fast and easy. $9.95
Another year is here! We are now in 2017. I hope this year will be better than 2016. My sister passing away unexpectedly was a shock to my family that will last a life time I’m sure. Just today, over coffee at Starbucks, my mother and I were talking about it. Talking about the subject and the same inner-topics we already spoke about 100 times seems to be healing. So we do it until the pain temporarily goes away. Only time will heal us completely.
However, to magically brightening things up this Christmas season, my little sister (from my father) finally found her way from Charlotte to Albuquerque. Even though we talk on the phone often, and I see what she is up to on Facebook, I haven’t physically seen her or my nephew in 11 years. When I first moved to New Mexico I tried to get her to visit and even relocate but it didn’t happen. Now the timing couldn’t have been better and below are some photos from her 8-day stay. Enjoy!
Fabulous experience at the Sanctuario De Chimayo in Chimayo, NM.
Christmas Eve tradition celebrating Luminaria in Old Town.
This is the old western gangster Billy The Kid’s grave site. The museum was interesting. It didn’t hold much of Billy’s stuff (he died young. Was always on the run. So he probably didn’t have anything) but it was still very interesting.
We didn’t do all that I planned like visit the White Sands or take a ride in a hot air balloon but hopefully she’ll return soon so those things can be done.
Happy New Year!
Merry Christmas From My Family To Yours!
The list below was compiled by experts. It reveals this top hair vitamins for potency ingredients that are clinically proven to work and for user satisfaction.
La Muse Beauty is number one and here’s why:
- It contains 20 of the clinically proven active ingredients that healthy hair needs to be repaired and grow. More than any other on the market today.
- These ingredients include the vital 5000mcg of biotin, Saw Palmetto, organic kelp and folic acid.
- They have absolutely NO synthetic fillers, binders or artificial ingredients, even their capsules are made of vegetable cellulose.
- Hair La Vie has many positive user reviews and user experiences.
- Their customer service team is knowledgeable and easy to contact.
- They stand behind their product with a strong, 90 day no-hassle money back guarantee.
Viviscal missed out on being number one and here’s why:
- Viviscal is a well-known, popular brand but user reviews show a recent formula change
- This only offers 120mcg of biotin, way under the daily recommended dosage for hair growth.
- It does contain shark powder but does not have any Saw Palmetto or folic acid.
- They have many synthetic fillers including, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide and maltodextrin.
- They use tablets that may not dissolve properly instead of all-natural, quick dissolving veggie capsules.
Unfortunately, Hairfinity came in third place and here’s why:
- Hairfinity is a very popular brand but they only contain 12 of the active ingredients mentioned above.
- Consumers have reported terrible breakouts and hair thinning after using the product.
- This product does not contain Saw Palmetto or kelp.
- It is not all-natural because it contains the cheap filler magnesium stearate.
- Hairfinity does not have veggie capsules, their capsules are made with beef bovine gelatin (which is not included on their label). SHOCKER!
- They only offer a short 30 day, conditional guarantee.
I participated in Christmas activities with my Sorors from the Albuquerque Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority. We always have a good time when we get together for fellowship and this event was no different.
I never know where to look when taking selfies.
The Elephant Exchange gifts.
My beautiful Elephant Exchange gift!
My Afro puff piece.
The Delta with the Afro puff can still be seen with or without lighting!